Thursday, June 4, 2009

A non-recipe garden recipe

So.... when we got back from our vacation there was a hodge-podge of stuff ready to eat in the garden - a few summer squash, some onions, various peppers, a few green beans and some roma tomatoes. I sauteed the squash and the onions in some olive oil and then added the beans and cranked the heat up. After that cooked a few minutes I threw in the peppers followed by the tomatoes and some crushed garlic. A little salt and pepper to taste and it made a wonderful, wonderful side dish. I used both hot and sweet peppers so it had a nice little kick!

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love these kinds of recipes! Just find what is in the garden, no recipe cards, add some garlic and lemon and voila! Gourmet cooking!

    I find it funny sometimes that famous chefs will reinvent food when all you really need is a good productive garden and some imagination.

    ReplyDelete